The International Institute for Analytics (IIA), the leading independent research and advisory firm focused exclusively on helping clients improve their analytics performance, named four finalists for the 2018 ANNY Excellence in Analytics Award: Freddie Mac, HDFC Bank, Honeywell, and Steelcase. The four organizations used advanced analytics in innovative ways to drive measurable business results. Finalists will share best practices and lessons learned from their winning projects at IIA’s Analytics Symposium – Atlanta on Oct. 10, 2018, where the winner will be announced and presented with the 2018 ANNY award.
Organizations were invited to apply or were nominated by IIA’s extensive network of analytics experts and practitioners. All nominees and applicants were asked to complete an in-depth application and were evaluated in five key areas:
- Outcomes: Evidence of sustained, measurable success against planned targets and objectives
- Ambition: Evidence of innovative and unique quantitative analytical techniques being applied
- Scale: Level of coordinated internal resources to foster a meaningful, enterprise-wide analytics program
- Skills: Evidence of a commitment to improving analytical skills of all user types across the enterprise
- Insights: Evidence of higher quality insights and decision-making resulting in the analytical activity
IIA Chief Analytics Officer Bill Franks and Co-Founder Tom Davenport led a panel of judges who examined each application and cast anonymous ballots.
“This year the ANNY judging panel reviewed not only a record quantity, but also quality of submissions, which reflects the trend of improved analytics maturity across industries,” said Franks. “We look forward to showcasing our finalists’ successful analytics initiatives and awarding the 2018 ANNY winner in Atlanta on October 10.”
Previous years’ winners include Cisco, Caterpillar Inc., Procter & Gamble, UnitedHealth Group, Intermountain Healthcare, Ford Motor Company, and UPMC Health Plan.